Location: SFPIRG Lounge and Office (TC 326)
Last updated: September 17th, 2020
SFPIRG Staff and Board have assessed the risks of COVID-19 in the SFPIRG space, and have implemented protocols to reduce the risks to staff, Board members, and volunteers who enter or work in SFPIRG’s current space in the Rotunda (TC 326).
The following safety measures are in place:
- Staff will work from home whenever possible, to reduce possible exposure or contamination in the SFPIRG space.
- Maximum capacity of the full SFPIRG space at any given time is 6 people, with a reduced maximum capacity of 4 people in either the office or lounge at any given time.
- If more than 1 person is in the SFPIRG space, they must wear a mask and make every effort to maintain a physical distance of at least 2m (distance must be mutually agreed to be 2m).
- Staff have been trained on the proper use of masks, and Board members and volunteers are trained online by staff on how to use a mask before they enter the SFPIRG space.
- Prior to entering the SFPIRG space, all staff, Board members and volunteers are trained online in the control measures and procedures put in place to reduce the risk of transmission. These measures include regular cleaning and disinfecting of commonly touched surfaces such as doorknobs and cabinet handles, limiting access to computer workstations, and the regular use of hand sanitizer after relevant work tasks.
- Staff are responsible for cleaning and disinfecting commonly touched surfaces, such as doorknobs and cabinet handles, at the start and end of every shift. This happens every 2 hours if more than 1 person is in the SFPIRG space.
- The full cleaning plan is included in SFPIRG’s Exposure Control Plan (ECP) and is posted in the SFPIRG space.
- Board members and volunteers are trained in person on the location of handwashing facilities, and hand sanitizer dispensers located throughout the SFPIRG space.
- Windows will remain open at all times to improve ventilation, unless outside air quality prohibits this for other health & safety reasons.
- At this time, with the exception of staff, Board members, and volunteers, public access to the SFPIRG space is prohibited. The following are permitted to enter the SFPIRG space in the course of their duties and are required to wear a mask at all times while in the SFPIRG space:
- Contractors, such as movers hired to assist SFPIRG
- SFU mailroom staff
- BEST cleaning staff
- SFU security personnel
- SFSS staff, as per sublease
- The following people are prohibited from entering the SFPIRG space:
- Anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days. Symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache.
- Anyone directed by Public Health to self-isolate.
- Anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
- The full list of control measures and work procedures is included in SFPIRG’s ECP, and are posted in the SFPIRG space. The ECP and Safety Plan will be updated whenever new and relevant information becomes available, and at least annually.
We note the following:
- The installation of barriers or partitions is not practical or feasible in SFPIRG’s current space, given the configuration and limited use of the space and the imminent move into the SUB.
For more information about SFPIRG’s COVID-19 Safety Plan, please contact email@example.com.