Are you a full-time student passionate about social and environmental justice? Would you like to develop your social justice literacy and advocacy skills? Come work for SFPIRG! Every term we hire SFU students through the work-study program, which is a form of financial assistance that is offered to those pursuing full-time studies. Throughout the term, students work with our permanent staff on SFPIRG’s various projects and programs. This could include assisting with research on oppression, facilitating workshops, or community outreach. Working with SFPIRG gives students the opportunity to learn more about social and environmental issues, and how we can work together as a community to address them.
The next time to apply for workstudy is early November 2023!
These semesterly work study positions provide you with a steady income as well as experience in a care-based work place, the opportunity to learn or grow your skills, and be connected to others doing social justice work at SFU.
Find these posting through the SFU work study website during application periods.
Past Work Study projects have included:
- Equity-Based Review of Academic Departments and Education Guides Project Developer
- Racial & Migrant Justice Peer Educator
- Letters for the Inside Coordinator
- DisOrientation Coordinator
- Community Outreach & Engagement Coordinator
- Resource Centre Lounge, Library & Bike Tool Co-Op Coordinator
- Mutual Aid and Alternative Community Safety Organizing Team
- Tools for Organizing: How to Build a Better World