Are you a full-time student passionate about social and environmental justice? Would you like to develop your social justice literacy and advocacy skills? Come work for SFPIRG! Every term we hire SFU students through the work-study program, which is a form of financial assistance that is offered to those pursuing full-time studies. Throughout the term, students work with our permanent staff on SFPIRG’s various projects and programs. This could include assisting with research on oppression, facilitating workshops, or community outreach. Working with SFPIRG gives students the opportunity to learn more about social and environmental issues, and how we can work together as a community to address them.
Fall 2021 Work Study Application Period: Aug 3 – Sept 3, 2021
- Mutual Aid and Alternative Community Safety Organizing Team
- Communications and Social Media Coordinator
- Tools for Organizing: How to Build a Better World
Past Work Study projects have included:
- Equity-Based Review of Academic Departments and Education Guides Project Developer
- Racial & Migrant Justice Peer Educator
- Letters for the Inside Coordinator
- DisOrientation Coordinator
- Community Outreach & Engagement Coordinator
- Resource Centre Lounge, Library & Bike Tool Co-Op Coordinator
Stay tuned for info about some of the past projects that students have completed!