Are you a full-time student passionate about social and environmental justice? Would you like to develop your social justice literacy and advocacy skills? Come work for SFPIRG! Every term we hire SFU students through the work-study program, which is a form of financial assistance that is offered to those pursuing full-time studies. Throughout the term, students work with our permanent staff on SFPIRG’s various projects and programs. This could include assisting with research on oppression, facilitating workshops, or community outreach. Working with SFPIRG gives students the opportunity to learn more about social and environmental issues, and how we can work together as a community to address them.
Spring 2020 Work Study Application Period: November 4 – November 22, 2019
- Equity-Based Review of Academic Departments and Education Guides, Project Developer (3)
- Racial & Migrant Justice, Peer Educator (3)
- Letters for the Inside, Coordinator (2)
- DisOrientation, Coordinator (3)
- Community Outreach & Engagement, Coordinator (2)
- Resource Centre – Lounge, Library & Bike Tool Co-Op, Coordinator (2)
Stay tuned for info about some of the past projects that students have completed!