- This event has passed.
Social Justice Homework Club – for Undergrad and Grad Students
September 15, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Attention all SFU undergrad and grad students! SFPIRG is here to support you!
Are you dealing with racism, sexism, or other oppressive/problematic content in the course of your work and studies? Are you looking for support with how to respond to instances of oppressive/problematic content in your coursework, or from your fellow students? Are you looking for community with folks who also care about social justice? You’re not alone!
Join SFPIRG for our Fall 2020 Social Justice Homework Club series – exclusively for SFU undergrad and grad students! The Social Justice Homework Club takes place biweekly on Tuesdays from 1-3pm, starting on September 15th, 2020. The last session will be on November 24th.
Drop into any of the sessions to get support with:
- How to respond to problematic things that come up in the course of your work, or from your fellow students
- How to apply equity / intersectionality / anti-oppression in the context of your research / studies / work
- Processing how you’re doing, handling what’s happening for you
- Tracking down other resources, supports, etc.
Please note that these are group support sessions, and so conversations may take place of a sensitive or challenging nature. In order to support a safer environment for all, we ask participants to be respectful, considerate, and compassionate throughout all sessions. Participants who are harassing, discriminating against, or deliberately harming others will be removed from the room.
We look forward to connecting with you this Fall!
How to attend:
- RSVP using the form below at least 1-hour prior to any Social Justice Homework Club session. Please register using the full name and email you will be signing into the Google Meet session with, putting this information into the “Send RSVP confirmation to” fields.
- Please note: if you register less than 1-hour prior to a session, we cannot guarantee that you will receive the event link for that session.
- Participants will be added to the event series within the 1-hour prior to each session. If you do not receive an invitation, please be sure to check your spam folder.
- You will receive a Google Calendar invitation, with a Google Meet link included. This link will work for all Social Justice Homework Club sessions!
- You will be added to the Google Calendar event series, and will be registered for the full Social Justice Homework Club series of events – drop into any session! You only need to RSVP once.
- Questions? You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Full List of Dates:
- September 15
- September 29
- October 13
- October 27
- November 10
- November 24