- This event has passed.
Social Justice Office Hours
January 19 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Attention all SFU undergrad and grad students! SFPIRG is here to support you!
Are you dealing with racism, sexism, or other oppressive/problematic content in the course of your work, organising, or studies? Are you looking for support with how to respond to instances of oppressive/problematic content in your coursework, or from your fellow students? Are you looking for community with folks who also care about social justice? You’re not alone!
Join SFPIRG for our 2022 Social Justice Office Hours series for SFU undergrad and grad students!
Social Justice Office Hours will take place on Wednesdays from 2:30 to 4pm, starting on January 19th, 2022. The last session will be on April 6th. **PLEASE NOTE, there will be NO session on February 23rd, as it is Reading Week.**
Drop into any of the sessions to get support with:
- How to respond to problematic things that come up in the course of your work, or from your fellow students
- How to apply equity / intersectionality / anti-oppression in the context of your research / studies / work
- Processing how you’re doing, handling what’s happening for you
- Tracking down other resources, supports, etc.
Please note that these are group support sessions, and so conversations may take place of a sensitive or challenging nature. In order to support a safer environment for all, we ask participants to be respectful, considerate, and compassionate throughout all sessions. Participants who are harassing, discriminating against, or deliberately harming others will be removed from the room.
We look forward to connecting with you!
How to attend:
- RSVP using this form at least 1-hour prior to any Social Justice Office Hours session. Please register using the full name and email you will be signing into the Google Meet session with.
- Please note: if you register less than 1-hour prior to a session, we cannot guarantee that you will receive the event link for that session.
- Participants will be added to the event series within the 1-hour prior to each session. If you do not receive an invitation, please be sure to check your spam folder.
- You will receive a Google Calendar invitation, with a Google Meet link included. This link will work for all Social Justice Office Hours sessions!
- You will be added to the Google Calendar event series, and will be registered for the full Social Justice Office Hours series of events – drop into any session! You only need to RSVP once.
- Questions? You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Full List of Dates:
- January 19
- January 26th
- February 2nd
- February 9th
- February 16th
- NO SESSION February 23rd
- March 2nd
- March 9th
- March 16th
- March 23rd
- March 30th
- April 6th