- This event has passed.
Release, Reset, Restore: Care-based Office Hours
October 20, 2022 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Attention all SFU undergrad and grad students! SFPIRG is here to support you!
Are you dealing with racism, sexism, or other oppressive/problematic content in the course of your work, organising, or studies? Are you looking for a confidential and supportive space? Are you looking for community with folks who also care about social justice? Come and help us build a sanctuary space for you and your fellow students.
Join SFPIRG for our 2022 Care-based Office Hours series for SFU undergrad and grad students! Release, Reset, and Restore will take place on Thursday from 1:30 to 3pm, starting on September 29, 2022. The last session will be on November 24. Sessions will alternate between in-person and on-line sessions to meet the needs of our community members.
Content of these sessions will be flexible to the needs of those gathered that day but may include mindfulness activities, sharing circles, artistic practice, collective journaling, or sharing resources for those who need further support and guidance.
Please note that these are group support sessions, and so conversations may take place of a sensitive or challenging nature. In order to support a safer environment for all, we ask participants to be respectful, considerate, and compassionate throughout all sessions. Participants who are harassing, discriminating against, or deliberately harming others will be removed from the room.
We look forward to connecting with you!
How to attend:
- RSVP using this form at least 1-hour prior to any session. Please register using the full name and email you will be signing into the Zoom session with (when events are digital). All in person events will take place in the SFPIRG Lounge located on the first floor of the SUB, room 1410.
- Please note: if you register less than 1-hour prior to a session, we cannot guarantee that you will receive the event link for that session.
- Participants will be added to the event series within the 1-hour prior to each session. If you do not receive an invitation, please be sure to check your spam folder.
- You will receive a Google Calendar invitation, with a Zoom link included for the sessions occurring digitally. This link will work for all sessions!
- You will be added to the Google Calendar event series, and will be registered for the full series of events – drop into any session! You only need to RSVP once.
- Questions? You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Full List of Dates:
- September 29 (on Zoom)
- October 6 (in SFPIRG lounge)
- October 13 (on Zoom)
- October 20 (in SFPIRG Lounge)
- October 27 (on Zoom)
- November 3 (in SFPIRG Lounge)
- November 10 (on Zoom)
- November 17 (in SFPIRG Lounge)
- November 24 (on Zoom)