- This event has passed.
Release, Reset, Restore: Care-based Office Hours
March 30 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Attention all SFU undergrad and grad students! SFPIRG is here to support you!
Are you dealing with racism, sexism, or other oppressive/problematic content in the course of your work, organising, or studies? Are you looking for a confidential and supportive space? Are you looking for community with folks who also care about social justice? Come and help us build a sanctuary space for you and your fellow students.
Join SFPIRG for our 2022 Care-based Office Hours series for SFU undergrad and grad students! Release, Reset, and Restore will take place on Wednesdays from 2:30 to 4pm, starting on March 2, 2022. The last session will be on April 6th.
These sessions will be flexible to the needs of those gathered but may include mindfulness activities, sharing circles, artistic practice, collective journalling, or sharing resources for those who need further support and guidance.
Please note that these are group support sessions, and so conversations may take place of a sensitive or challenging nature. In order to support a safer environment for all, we ask participants to be respectful, considerate, and compassionate throughout all sessions. Participants who are harassing, discriminating against, or deliberately harming others will be removed from the room.
We look forward to connecting with you!
How to attend:
- RSVP using this form at least 1-hour prior to any session. Please register using the full name and email you will be signing into the Google Meet session with.
- Please note: if you register less than 1-hour prior to a session, we cannot guarantee that you will receive the event link for that session.
- Participants will be added to the event series within the 1-hour prior to each session. If you do not receive an invitation, please be sure to check your spam folder.
- You will receive a Google Calendar invitation, with a Google Meet link included. This link will work for all Social Justice Office Hours sessions!
- You will be added to the Google Calendar event series, and will be registered for the full Social Justice Office Hours series of events – drop into any session! You only need to RSVP once.
- Questions? You can reach us at email@example.com for more information
Full List of Dates:
- March 2nd
- March 9th
- March 16th
- March 23rd
- March 30th
- April 6th