- This event has passed.
Lunchtime Discussion Series
February 5 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
One event on February 12, 2020 at 12:30 pm
One event on February 26, 2020 at 12:30 pm
Lunchtime Discussions Series
Join SFPIRG for a series of lunchtime chats about issues that students like YOU care about! Come learn about the issues, connect with like-minded students, and join the conversation!
Wednesdays, 12:30-1:30pm @ SFPIRG Lounge (TC 326)
- Feb. 5: Academic freedom, freedom of expression, and equity – w/
Elise ChenierAnn Travers
- Feb. 12: Taxation, student activity fees, and why we all pay a little for a lot – w/ SFPIRG
- Feb. 26: Climate grief: human responses to the climate crisis – w/ Shahaa Kakar
Stay tuned for more info about the discussion facilitators and topics!
- The event is nut-free and peanut-free. Absolutely no nuts or peanuts will be permitted within the event space in order to create an allergen-free environment for all participants. This includes (but is not limited to) products like hazelnuts, cashews, almonds, coconuts, walnuts, coconut oil, coconut milk, and peanut butter.
- The SFPIRG lounge is wheelchair/scooter accessible with access to an accessible washroom nearby.
- Gender-neutral washrooms are available just down the hall from the event space.
- In order to enable people to attend without experiencing hardship, Compass tickets and money for dependent care (this can include childcare, eldercare, etc.) are available upon request. Please email email@example.com with inquiries.
- While we cannot ensure a fully scent-free event in this setting, we’re aiming to create a scent-reduced environment by not bringing additional scents into the space. Exposure to laundry products, colognes, hairspray, and many other scented products can trigger serious health reactions in individuals with asthma, allergies, migraines, and/or chemical sensitivities. We ask that you not wear/ apply/ or bring any scented products into this space. If you do so, we may need to ask you to leave so others can safely stay in the space. If you find yourself being impacted by someone’s use of scented products during the conference, speak with any one of the organizers. We know that this can be a big step for many people. As Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha says in Fragrance Free Femme of Colour Realness, “Cutting out scents may seem like a pain in the ass, but it means that awesome, ass-kicking community members you love can attend events you’re at and make out with you without having seizures, throwing up or otherwise getting really sick.” Please, bring your amazing self, and keep the scents at home!(More info here: http://
thinkbeforeyoustink.com/ howtogofragrancefree.html, http:// www.brownstargirl.org/blog/ fragrance-free-femme-of-col our-realness-draft-15, http:// eastbaymeditation.org/ accessibility/ scentfree.html)
- If you have any other allergies or sensitivities that we need to know about so that you can participate fully and safely, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We regret that ASL is not available for this event.
- If there is any other way we can make this event more accessible for you, please let us know at email@example.com!